Black Bean, Baby Marrow and Sweet Corn Curry
2 Cups SOAKED black beans
1 Sweet corn steamed, corn off the cob
2 Medium Zucchini washed and diced
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 sliced leek white part
2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
4 tablespoons Mild Curry Powder
1 Curry cube
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning
3 tomatoes cut in quarters then cut the quarters in half.
2 tablespoons vegetable stock granules
2 tablespoons potjie salt
1 cup boiling water
4 tablespoons canol oil
1. Saut onions on medium heat. Add the black beans, garlic flakes, 2 tablespoons of the curry powder, leek and potjie salt after 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes with the lid on.
3. Add the tomatoes, sweet corn, vegetable stock, zucchini, 2 tablespoons of curry powder, vegetable stock granules and cook for a further 15 minutes with the lid on.
4. Add the water and put the lid back on. Reduce the heat to the lowest switch. Let it simmer for a good 1hour 30 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk. Simmer for 30 minutes. You are ready to serve.
I am having this with my freshly made roti.