Cheesy broccoli pasta
- 250g pasta
- 1/2 broccoli head roughly cut
- 25g (5 tsps) butter
- 25g (8tsps) flour
- 300ml (1 1/4 cup) oat milk
- 50g vegan cheese (or more)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- 1/2 red onion
- 3-4 garlic crushed and grated
- Handful mushrooms sliced
- 1 veg stock cube, crushed and mixed with 1/2 cup of boiling water
- In a large saucepan, boil the pasta for 10 minutes with a pinch of salt.
- Add the broccoli in the last 4-5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter down and add the flour. Mix well on mid to high heat.
- Slowly add milk, stirring well. Bring to boil then bring down to simmer until texture has thickened slightly.
- Add 1 tbsp of mustard and the cheese and mix until thickened completely.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Put to the side and heat up again later when adding to pasta.
- In a frying pan, sauté your onions, garlic and mushrooms together with salt, pepper and oregano until softened.
- Add the stock water and bring to boil on high heat.
- Add the veg mix and creamy sauce to the past and mix well.
- You may add more milk to the sauce whilst on heat if it thickens too much to loosen it.
- Serve with garlic bread or spinach salad.
- You may also put it in an ovenproof dish, cover with grated cheese and bake in oven (180°c/gas mark 6) until cheese is golden.