|1 Extra Firm Tofu Block|
|1 TBSP Liquid Aminos|
|2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast|
|2 TSP Harissa seasoning (optional)|
- It is very important in this recipe to let the Tofu drain. Remove block from packaging, squeeze out as much as you can from the block without ruining its form. Put the block on a plate, put a paper towel over it and rest a cutting board over the paper towel. Let sit for 15-30 minutes. Keep checking on the tofu, as water pools in the plate, discard. The more dry — the more crispy!
- When the block is dry, cut into large cubes. I typically get 16-20 cubes out of one block – add the cubes to a bowl.
- Add liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, and harissa seasoning over each cube and ensure that they are all fully tossed in the mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet and add each cube one by one making sure they are lying flat and individually.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, remove, flip each cube, and return to oven for another 20 to 25 minutes.
Adding dry seasonings will amplify the flavor! Ideas of things to add: taco seasoning, red paper flakes, mushroom powder, onion powder, adobo, or Harissa seasoning which is my go to add!
Liquid aminos can be substituted by coconut aminos or soy sauce