LACK TIME? I Tried Easy French Pureed Green Bean Soup Recipe
This very simple French soup is light and smooth to the mouth. You could have no better beginning to a meal than this.
Is green bean soup healthy?
YES. This delicious green bean soup is light yet nutritious and can be consumed warm or chilled.
Fresh green beans are a good source of fiber and protein and contain vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, E, and K) and minerals like iron, potassium and magnesium.
Recent studies have confirmed the presence of lutein, beta-carotene, violaxanthin, and neoxanthin in green beans.
Green beans have also been proven to contain valuable amounts of the mineral silicon, and in a form that makes it easier for us to absorb this bone-supportive and connective tissue-supportive nutrient.
FRENCH GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE UK- VILLE-PREUX STYLE
You can improvise or revise this green bean recipe to your liking. Add or reduce ingredients depending to availability and convenience.
If you don’t have or don’t like tarragon, use basil, savory, a little rosemary, a combination of herbs, plain old parsley, or even no herbs at all.
|French green bean soup recipe uk|
Serves 4 to 6 as a starter or as a dinner paired with Japanese Crispy Rice
1½ pounds green beans; tipped and tailed (You can use Canned Cut Green Beans if you are in a hurry)
3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
5 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon mild vegetable oil, such as coconut oil, corn or canola
1 large red onion, chopped
2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
½ pound potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1½ to 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, stripped from tough stems
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 quarts (8 cups) vegetable stock, plus extra as needed
1) Just prior to using the green beans, wash them under running water. Tipped, tailed and sliced fresh green beans.
Remove both ends of the beans by either snapping them off or cutting them with a knife. Cut the green beans any length you prefer.
2) In a small bowl, smooth together the butter and pressed garlic with a spoon. Stir in the parsley, and set aside.
3) Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion; lower the heat to medium, and sauté, stirring, until the onion has softened slightly, about 6 minutes.
4) Add the celery, and continue sautéing until the celery is slightly softened and its leaves are wilted, another 5 minutes.
5) Add the stock, potatoes, green beans, and tarragon. Bring to a boil, turn down to a brisk simmer, cover, and let cook until the potatoes and green beans are soft and very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
6) Using a slotted spoon, transfer the solids to a food processor or blender and puree until they are smooth.
7) Taste the puree; season it with salt (a little bit) and pepper (not much).
8) Stir the puree back into the broth, and reheat it to piping hot, adding extra broth if you want to thin the soup a little.
This recipe is vegetable-centered, but if you want it richer or more multilayered, use chicken broth instead of vegetable, and stir in ½ cup of cream at the end.
9) Serve in cups with a rounded teaspoon of the garlic-parsley butter on top. You can add a little grated lemon zest to the garlic butter, and squeezing the juice of a lemon into the soup before serving.
Try Other Green Bean Recipes:
How to Make TGI Fridays Crispy Green Bean French Fries?
How to Make Healthy and Fresh Green Bean Casserole?
PUREED GREEN BEANS SOUP COOKING TIPS
Can I use canned cut green beans in making French Green Bean Soup (Ville-Preux Style)?
YES, if you are in a hurry or it is freezing winter evening and you are in a hurry to make dinner for the kids.
|This brand is highly recommended|
Select high quality Canned Cut Green Beans that frozen vegetables are flash frozen very near where they are harvested to quickly lock in their goodness.
The green beans should be canned near the farms where they are harvested.
Can you freeze fresh green beans?
YES, Steam it until cooked. Cool it down to room temperature and then place it in a zip lock bags.
|Frozen green beans|
Put in the freezer. You can store in the freezer up to 1 month. LEARN, How to Store Green Beans? - Best Way to Store Vegetables in Fridge
Can green beans be pureed?
YES. Puree green beans in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
How do you puree frozen green beans QUICKLY?
1) Place the green beans in a steamer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
2) Drain green beans and place in blender with water. Puree until smooth.
3) Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, wrap/cover, and freeze.
How do you make green beans taste good?
1) Sauté green beans with aromatics: Place coconut oil in the pot and heat over medium heat. Add your aromatics and sauté until fragrant and softened.
2) Add the green beans and sauté just until heated.
3) Add some extra taste: Stir in tastemakers like mustard and browned butter, sprinkle on toppings like chopped nuts or sesame seeds.
Do you like Gordon Ramsay? Try his soup recipe, How to Make Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Pumpkin Soup?
Can I keep green bean soup overnight?
Green bean soup left to cool overnight, then reboiled for 10 minutes and properly refrigerated in the morning.
The green bean soup is still safe to eat because it is not cool long enough for the bacteria to germinate and reproduce up to dangerous levels.
Why do my green beans taste sour?
|Select fresh green beans like this one.|
If your green beans taste sour that means they have begun to spoil and ferment, and you should definitely throw them away.
Baardseth P, Bjerke F, Martinsen BK et al. Vitamin C, total phenolics and Antioxidative activity in tip-cut green beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) and swede rods (Brassica napus var. napobrassica) processed by methods used in catering. J Sci Food Agric. 2010 May; 90(7):1245-55. 2010.
Crescent Dragonwagon. 2012. Bean By Bean: A Cookbook: More than 175 Recipes for Fresh Beans, Dried Beans, Cool Beans, Hot Beans, Savory Beans, Even Sweet Beans!. Workman Publishing Company. ISBN-10: 0761132414
Don Orwell. 2020. Snow Peas & Green Beans Recipes: Over 50 Quick & Easy Gluten Free Low Cholesterol Whole Foods Recipes full of Antioxidants & Phytochemicals, Kindle Edition. Superfoods Today. Amazon.com Services LLC. ASIN: B08DM5GQ3T
Karas M, Jakubczyk A, Szymanowska U, et al. Antioxidant activity of protein hydrolysates from raw and heat-treated yellow string beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. 2014 Oct-Dec; 13 (4):385-391.
Culinary Physics Blog. Exceptional food that worth a special journey. Distinctive dishes are precisely prepared, using fresh ingredients.