Real Easy Chili
Chili. You can never go wrong with some Mexican. This is my low budget, 30 minute, one pot, go to chili recipe. It probably one of the easiest and fastest dinners you will make. and it’s tasty. Spice blends are life savers! I feel like if you find a good spice blend you can fool anyone into thinking you are a master chef! In this cases Taco seasoning is the bomb. I use it in almost all of my quick-dinner, Mexican dishes. You can also find it in my Enchilada recipe. So, I highly recommend always making sure you have a couple packets of this at home in your pantry. Alrighty, lets cook!
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 teaspoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- Chili’s (optional)
- 400g minced beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (28g)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (400g)
- 1 can Tex-mex veggies (340g)
- 1 can black beans (400g)- or two cans for vegan option
- 1/2- 1 cup water (237ml) + 1/2-1 cube vegetable bouillon
Real Easy Chili
1 tablespoons oil
1 red onion
1-2 teaspoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
400g minced beef
1 packet taco seasoning (28g)
1 can diced tomatoes (400g)
1 can Tex-mex veggies (340g)
1 can black beans (400g)- or two cans for vegan option
1/2- 1 cup water (237ml) + 1/2-1 cube vegetable bouillon
1. Dice the onion and mince garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large pot on medium-high heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, sauté the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
4. Then add the minced beef and cook until brown.
5. In the meantime you can slice some chili’s to go in, or on top of the chili at end.
6. Once the meat is cooked through, stir in 1 packet of taco seasoning until evenly distributed. Cook for two minutes.
7. Add 1 can chopped tomatoes. Stir. And cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Add the can of Tex-mex veggies and can(s) of black beans. Mix altogether.
9. Lastly, add 1/2 - 1 cup of water (depending on how runny you want your chili), plus 1/2 - 1 cube of bouillon. Keeping in mind that the ratio is 1 cube per 1 cup of water.
10. Serve with some rice, nachos, cornbread, or just as is. Enjoy!