Sesame Tempeh Grain Bowl
This vegan Sesame Tempeh Grain Bowl is inspired by tempeh—the traditional fermented Indonesian soy and grain food. In this bowl, you simply roast the sesame tempeh, then build a gorgeous, filling, satiating buddha bowl with brown rice, crunchy radishes, baby kale, asparagus, mushrooms, and bell peppers. And then you just top it with a tahini ginger dressing for bold flavor.
This is a fabulous recipe to make for meal prep. Just get all of your ingredients together, and create four bowls to enjoy all week long. I also love to get all of the ingredients together for an interactive meal—let everyone prepare their bowl just the way they like it!
Follow along with me as I show you how to make this recipe for Sesame Tempeh Grain Bowl here.
This satisfying vegan Sesame Tempeh Grain Bowl is filled to the brim with tempeh, brown rice, crunchy radishes, baby kale, asparagus, mushrooms, and peppers, with a topping of tahini ginger dressing for bold flavor.
Sesame Roasted Tempeh:
- 1 (8-ounce) package plain tempeh, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
Tahini Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- Optional Garnish: smoked paprika
- To make Sesame Roasted Tempeh: Place cubed tempeh in a medium dish. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, agave syrup, garlic, and ginger. Stir well, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place tempeh on a baking sheet, spreading out evenly. Place in top rack of oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp on outside. Remove from oven and cool.
- To make Tahini Ginger Dressing: Mix together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- To make Buddha Bowls: In four large individual-sized serving bowls, arrange each with ½ cup baby kale, 2 sliced radishes, ½ cup brown rice, ½ cup asparagus, ½ cup sliced red bell peppers, ¼ cup mushrooms, and 2 ounces sesame roasted tempeh. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the tahini ginger dressing. Garnish each with 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
*To blanch asparagus, place fresh asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes, remove from water and drain immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: vegan bowl, vegan sesame bowl, vegan buddha bowl
For other plant-based bowl recipes, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.